Sunday, June 23, 2013

Random Thought 6 Camping

You know, I've realized that I hate traditional camping. I'll tell you why.

Traditional camping consists of pitching a meager tent, sleeping on a foam pad the thickness of a blanket, not showering for days, and eating completely burnt hot dogs. It's just not that fun. The only way I survive comfortably in the outdoors is in a motor home with dirt bikes or a boat on a trailer behind us.

Most people would tell me to go on a hike or something, but I hate hiking more than I hate fishing. And I pretty much loathe fishing. You sit there for four hours and get two bite that never yield fish. I can stand to fish for about ten minutes. Until I get bored out of my mind and consider taking one of those nice, sharp looking rocks to my head. Unless the CATCHING is good. Then I can last about an hour. Which will typically fill your limit. I've been my dad's little fishing buddy for years now, but it just doesn't jive with my any more. Hunting I'm totally cool with, but I think that's because I'm out walking around and looking for something. Not just sitting on the bank of a river, or in the bow of a boat getting a massive sunburn. With fishing, you just don't do ANYTHING. So fishing while camping is lame, in my opinion.

Hiking? Everyone loves hiking! NO. Hiking is for hippies that want to get in touch with nature and people that have legs that are better than mine. I can stand to hike for about a mile before I get bored, and then about 3 miles before I want to cut my legs off and crawl back to camp. So hiking is no bueno.

Hiking and fishing are done, what are you going to do now? Play card games? Yeah right.

Don't get me wrong guys, I can stand this kind of camping. I've been to Scout Camps and haven't showered for a week. But it just sucks. If you're not a gear head, camping is worthless. I just got back from a camping trip. I slept in a tent, ate burnt hot dogs and sat around reading a book.

The only good thing about it was being with my family, and getting away from school. It was a great time. But it could have been so much better if we had my grandparents RV, our boat or our dirt bikes.

Camping just isn't as fun without gasoline.



No comments:

Post a Comment