Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Random Thought 2 Car Audio

Okay

I, like most of the rest of the people on this planet, hearing and deaf, can appreciate a good audio system. (The deaf can feel the sound, friends. Take a drive in a car that has a subwoofer in the trunk, or under the seat and you'll understand. They still like music.) The problem with most systems nowadays is that they are complete overkill.

Take for instance, my1996 Dodge Ram. It has six speakers; a pair of 2 inch tweeters in the top of the door, a 5 1/2 inch mid range below it, and a 6x9 low range in the back of the cab. They were the top of the line Infinity Audio package when the truck came out, and they are still pretty great sounding speakers.

Today, the Ram has an optional Alpine 9 speaker audio system. Now, I think this is the limit on speakers. A tweeter and speaker for each door. If you want a subwoofer, go for it, but if you have some good mid-low range speakers, you'll be cherry.

Now here's where it gets really sad. The Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 have the option to get a 19 speaker system. WHAT? I want to know where the crap they're fitting all these speakers? Oh wait, I do.
3 on the dash, 4 in the front doors, 2 in the back doors and 4 on the rear deck lid. I've heard this system is pretty freaking awesome, but I just can't get over the fact that there are that many speakers. If this system is so high quality, I would think you would need less speakers, or they would integrate the speakers into eachother so you'd have a tweeter and mid in the same package.

But what to I know, I'm just a consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment